Sunday 22 September 2024

Sgurr na Banachdich






A high pressure over the NW Highlands and I had to take advantage of it. I left the house at 1300 and drove North to the Cluanie Inn, where i had a cracking meal and a nice beer. I did a wee walk after to try and relax but sleep did not come easy. I was gone by 0615 and enjoyed the quiet drive to Glen Brittle. I stopped to watch the sun rise over Glamaig which was special. I parked up and re-traced my steps along the path up to Coire a Ghreadaidh, where I had been in May. However, this time I took the path into Coire Eich. It was a sustained climb into this magnificent amphitheatre. I headed for An Diallaid and kept left, which was a fab way to ascend this hill. Once past this, the climb to the summit was sublime, with fine views back to Sgùrr Nan Ghobar. But the real drama was at the summit with the ridge to Ghreadaidh south summit, the star. Mind you, the cloud inversion over the sea to Rhum wasn’t bad! I would have had no issue if this was my last Munro but still a top 10 day. And now, eyes turn to Knoydart and Ladhar Bheinn, my last Munro….

No comments: