Wednesday 2 April 2008

Ben Lomond Training - Tinto run

On Saturday (6 weeks until race day), I was lucky enough to get a lift to Tinto by Fraser. Because I'd had a couple of beers the night before and wasn't really fit. Not ideal preparation. But a valuable lesson in that I'm officially aff the booze until the 10th May. It was a bleak day and we set off on a slow run. Despite my relative insobriety, I managed the ascent in 40 minutes (460m climb) although I didn't know whether to vomit or shit myself. Fraser was fit enough and right behind me. We touched the summit, while the snow fell and bombed it down to the car park - down in 17 minutes for a combined time of 57 minutes. Ben Lomond is twice as long and high as this route so my time should be about 2 hours, unless I can augment my ascent speed. Have 2 or 3 Munro's planned this Saturday and therafter, I'll be running the Munro's before my practice run up Ben Lomond on the 26th April. Pretty sure I can bomb down BL in 30 minutes but going up will be the problem. Raising a fantastic amount so far for Scottish Motor Neurone's Disease so hope to break the £400 mark soon - www.justgiving.com/kevinpollock

No comments: