Sunday 1 April 2012

Gleouraich and Spidean Mialach



After the Walkhighlands meet, I was feeling slightly fragile. 5 pints of Red Cuillin had gone down well 12 hours previously but I had a wee, sore heid. I popped a Co-codamol and began the walk up Gleouraich. The stalker's path is supreme and the initial steepness isn't too bad because of that. Fantastic views across to Sgurr Mor and beyond help. Things plateau'd out at 840m but I still had a last plod of 200m up to the beautifully perched cairn. The North face of this hill and its neighbour plunge away into the glen below and no doubt will hold snow for quite some period to come. It is a fair descent to the bealach and you really earn the 2 Munros here. A lovely sheltered cairn allows for lunch to had with views across the South Glen Shiel Ridge. I heard a dog barking at this point and could not for the life of me work out where it was coming from - until i remembered that I had changed my ringtone on my phone. Mum. Ko'd from work, puir sowel. I bounded down off the hill and found a great path back to the day's starting point. No doubting the effect of medication but the hills help too. Couple of great days in the Munros again. The 200-mark approacheth. The 12 in Skye in May will add to this considerably. Fingers crossed for good weather and next time take the Sun cream, Kev.

No comments: