Monday 29 April 2013

Beinn nan Aighenan through Glen Kinglas



This was perhaps one of the most sorely needed trips I had ever experienced. The weeks at work building up to this were very tough and the fall-through of a house sale meant that I was physically in demand of something long and tough. The route into Glen Kinglas is excellent and took me past Beinn Suidhe. From here, it was virgin territory. After a 11km hike, to begin the real ascent was tough but once on to the ridge, the wildness was obvious with no clear path. After hitting the summit, I spoke to a chap and his son before descending into Coire Caim and the walk back past the old shielings. A long walk out was then endured with music keeping me going for the last hour or so. The route along the South of Beinn nan Aighenan is seldom walked and it really is a remote part of Scotland. Loch Dochard with Meall nan Eun is a beautiful place to while away some time. A very tough but memorable Munro.

No comments: