Tuesday 27 February 2007

Cairn Gorm

This was my 3rd Munro and was done in Winter. I can't say I enjoyed this one either because the hill is fairly scarred by the ski runs but once past this and on to the summit, I enjoyed a rare sense of isolation (away from my ex-girlfriend). It is easy to see why people get lost in the Cairngorms - it is very easy to lose all sense of direction and luckily, there were some good posts all the way up to the summit - at this point my navigational skills weren't the best and i freely admit, I probably shouldn't have been up there. I recommend that anyone who considers going on the hill in Winter know how to use a map and compass. You'll hear this ad nauseum but it's so true. Again, another photo-less hill due to my lack of digital camera in 2003.

No comments: