Tuesday 27 February 2007

The remaining Munro's of 2003


During the next few months I did a few Munro's on my own. These were Ben Lui and Beinn a Chleibh; Ben Vorlich (Lochearnhead) and Stuc a Chroin; I did Beinn Ghlas and Ben Lawers with Dr M and we encountered a wind at the top of the 2nd peak like a hurricane. We were literally haudin' on to the OS trigpoint for fear of being swept away. Magic, man! We also bagged Beinn Ime and Beinn Narnian starting out from just South of the Rest and Be Thankful - a good route if you're bagging both hills but midge-infested at first and quite a slog to get to the bealach. Notable for Alison's arse-bearing if I remember rightly. Last Munro of 2003 was Ben Wyvis with Big Al and Wee Iain - I was determined to keep up this time. I managed fine but it was onwards to the Rannoch club dinner in Ullapool that night and I was in my bed by 2300 - what a lightweight.

No comments: