Monday 5 March 2007

Beinn Chabhair

Rather than go into work in the morning, I decided to get up the next day and thrash up this hill, being as it was quite near to Glasgow. If things went well, I could be back in work by 1400 and no-one would know any different. I hit the trail at 0730 and took the path up beside the farm, which heads up past towards the waterfall. Once over part, the path heads along a flat, bog-like direction towards a lochan, with a wee boat on it. From here, it's take your pick as you try to get on to the ridge which will take you up to the summit. I headed due North/NE and once on to the ridge, it was a straightforward pull to the summit, with nice views across to Beinn a Chroin and An Caisteal. A sprint back to the car and in work by 1400, thanks very much. What a joyous day. Until the lassie at reception asked if I'd enjoyed my hill-day!

No comments: