Monday 19 March 2007

Carn a Mhaim

Last September, I decided to head back from my folks via the Cairngorms and I made it to the Linn of Dee car park for a rather cold 0800 at 2C. The intention was to walk past Derry Lodge, head over the Dee and take to the slopes of Carn a Mhaim before possibly attempting Ben Macdui. In retrospect, a bike would have been a good idea but with my MP3 player on, I made it to the summit after 3.5 hours, which was pretty good going for an 11km hike. However, once at the top, the weather deteriorated a bit and I wasn't confident of going further along into the Cairngorms just before midday. I headed back to the car park and it was a long walk out but a fantastic day and that part of the country is just amazing, so isolated and untouched. The view up to the Ben had been spectacular and the corrie and crags was very impressive. Another day perchance.

No comments: