Thursday 1 March 2007

The Cairnwell Three

It sounds like a gang of baddies and the fact that you can tick these three Munro's off in a fairly short time with little effort, is fairly criminal. There isn't much in terms of a sense of achievement, if you start off at the car park, just past Glen Shee ski centre. Also, The Cairnwell and Carn Aosda as hills are tarnished by the ski paraphernalia so you don't feel any degree of isolation until you get to Carn a Gheoidh, which I enjoyed as I ate my lunch in the sheltered cairn. I did these on my own so I didn't hang about for long and got on my way again. If you want to bag 3 Munro's but not in a memorable fashion then this is the place to come - why anyone would want to repeat them is beyond me. I'd rather eat a yard of my own poo.

No comments: