Saturday 10 March 2007

Stob a Choire Odhair


In May of 2006, my grandpa passed away so I decided to go and climb a Munro in peace. After parking at the Victoria car park, nr Bridge of Orchy, I fair galloped along the path towards the green shack, where the path up to this hill starts. It was a fairly boggy affair initially but higher up, it began to dry off. I took to the hill proper and made my way up the zig-zags before striding out for the summit, across some snow and boulders. It was fairly blustery at the top and I didn't hang about, although I did commemorate the hill to grandpa and said a wee word to him. I took off back down the hill and was back at the car in 3 hours from leaving. A great wee hill but one tinged with sadness. The view across the glen to the Etive hills was quite pictureseque (photo shown).

No comments: