Saturday 3 March 2007

Lochnagar, Boxing Day 2005


The Christmas turkey, the booze, the puddings. I'd bulked up enough and was ready to tackle Lochnagar from my folks in the 'deen. It was to be cold but stable, which was just as well as I was going it alone. On arrival at the Spittal car park, the thermo on the car read -4C. Aye, bitter indeed. I raced off up the track and past some deer who stared at this dude out at 0800, with the place to myself. I wound my way up to Meikle Pap and then headed up 'the ladder', which was very icy indeed. However, I made terrific time and was soon skiting on towards the summit 'cairn' - more of an agglomeration of boulders really. I had a quick look down the black cleft and moved on, deciding on heading back via Loch Muick. I was very lucky with the weather, it held and it was just a great, cold Winter day. The walkout back along the Loch side was sore due to blisters on the tootsies but that's what I got for racing around. A fab day.

No comments: