Monday 5 March 2007

Cruach Ardrain and Beinn Tulaichean

During the descent from Ben More, I had seen Cruach Ardrain from a distance and quite fancied it. I went with another mate of mine, Hayden, who wasn't a renowned hill-walker but he loved a physical challenge - usually in the female form. However, he convinced me that he'd be ready to go the next morning, even though he was going out for a few beers the previous night. Upon entering the car, I kowked from the smell of booze and asked him just how much he'd had the night before. "A quiet night Kev, 6 pints and 10 vodkas." Later, as we were walking up the hill he began to sweat Smirnoff, I have never seen or smelt the likes since. To his credit, once we summited, he got down and did 10 press-ups, a ritual he goes through every time he does a Munro. Being a fine day, we decided to take in Beinn Tulaichean as well. We ran down CA and along the high bealach before hitting the summit of the 2nd Munro. How this is a 2nd Munro from CA is beyond me but Hayden got down and did another 10. I joined him and before long, we were off back to Glasgow, while he dozed off, the daft sod.

No comments: